Replace, Repair or Upgrade
As an independent steam specialist, through our experience we often find steam raising plants to be non-compliant, inefficient and un-reliable, resulting in costly downtime and repair.
We can offer cost effective solutions to upgrade or replace ageing equipment via all the major manufacturers i.e.:
- Spirax Sarco
- Gestra Flowserve
Our services include:
- New burner supply and installation
- Upgrading of existing burner control systems
- Replacement and upgrade of TDS Blowdown systems
- Supply and installation of Blowdown systems to HSE BG03 guidance
- Compliance with HSE BG01 Regulations ‘Safe Operation of Steam Boiler Plant’
Optimize Your Boiler Efficiency
The temperature of water being fed to your boiler is of paramount importance.
Cold water can cause thermal shock and structural damage, which will have an effect on the overall energy efficiency of the boiler. Where as, hot water can cause irreparable damage to the feed pump, leading to a loss of production.
At Steam Plant Engineering we can design and manufacture your tanks and
associated systems to optimise your boiler efficiency. We will design these to meet your specific requirements and you can be assured these will be manufactured using the highest quality engineering standards.
Our Hotwell tanks are provided with:
- Stainless or carbon steel materials
- Full thermal insulation and finished in aluzinc cladding
- Externally & internally braced yet easy to clean flanged inlet and outlet
- Condensate return sparge or semi deaerator heads
- Temperature and level gauges
- Inspection manhole
- Steam injection systems
- Up to 40,000 litre capacity
We also provide and install full pressurised deaerator vessels for larger steam users, design and manufacture:
- Condensate recovery vessels
- Plate heat exchanger packages
- Containerised boilerhouses
- Pump skids
Quality Steam Boiler Installations from a Team you can Trust
At Steam Plant Engineering we specialise in supply and installation of steam and hotwater boilers throughout the UK.
Our team of highly qualified and experienced engineers, backed up by our fully equipped, off-site facilities can provide a turnkey solution – managing the whole project right through to commissioning and hand over.
Our service includes:
- Boiler house design
- Sourcing of steam and hotwater plant through a number of manufacturers
- Turnkey projects
- Manufacturing and supply of ancillary equipment
- Off site prefabrication of pipework
- Chimney manufacture, supply and installation
- HSE BG03 Compliant blowdown systems
A Complete Pipework Solution
At Steam Plant Engineering we can offer a complete pipework solution for our clients from design through to fabrication and installation. We can also offer inspection, repair and modifications to all types of existing pipework.
Our experienced and qualified pipe fitters and coded welders work on a wide
range of projects and can provide on-site and off-site prefabricated solutions at our workshop, where we have heavy lifting capabilities within large storage and fabrication areas to meet our client’s specific requirements.
Our pipework design and installation service includes:
- Full CAD design and 3D modelling
- Stress analysis
- Steam trap surveys
- Steam, water, gas, air, chemical systems
- Class 1 coded welding in carbon & stainless steel
- On site or prefabricated systems
- Chimney manufacture and installation
- Containerised boiler houses
- Oil / water storage tanks
Quality Valves, Quality Service
From our “Zurich Approved” valve repair test centre, in Halesowen, West Midlands, we have access to a wide range of competitively priced valves from an established and trusted database of manufacturers. Combine this with our experience and expertise in specifying valve requirements on and off-site, repairing and reconditioning valves, we are confident we can offer an effective solution whatever your requirements.
We hold a comprehensive stock of new and refurbished valves and have access to competitively priced valves from all major manufacturers for immediate delivery.
We can also supply a range of other boiler mountings and spares, including:
- Water level gauges
- Boiler gaskets and seals (such as: TopogE, Blue max, Black Max)
- TDS and blowdown valves
- Pressure Gauges
- Feed pumps
- Ladder tapes and ropes
We are also members of and recognised by the BVAA (British Valve and Actuators Association)
At Steam Plant Engineering we offer an Unrivalled Boiler Repair Service.
At Steam Plant Engineering we offer an unrivalled boiler and pressure vessel repair service.
With our team of highly qualified and experienced in house fitters and coded welders, who are all trained to a high standard, along with the back up of our off-site facility, whether it’s replacing or blanking one tube, to large complex pressure vessel repairs. We specialise in a reactive response and can typically gain approvals from the Insurers within hours, we have numerous weld procedures and approval to cover a variety of material specifications.
We can offer:
- Complete or partial retubing
- Short term tube plugging
- D ’ Patch installations
- Tubeplate repair and replacements
- Access tube replacements
- Furnace repairs and replacements
- Boiler shell repairs
- Nozzle and pad repairs
- Manhole and mudhole replacements
- Door casing repairs and replacements
- Autoclave repair
- Reactor vessel repair
Annual and NDT Insurance Preparation
We appreciate that although essential insurance inspections, if not managed effectively, can be disruptive to your business. Through our recognised and credible process, we make every inspection as easy as possible, resulting in minimum downtime.
At Steamplant Engineering, we can:
- Meet your proposed shutdown schedules and
programme of works
- Tailor an inspection to your specific requirements
- Provide fully equipped off-site facilities to service
and test boiler mounted valves, in line with our
third party Zurich accreditation
- Where required, deliver a 24 hour or same day
turnaround on a valve overhaul
- Ensure your plant has minimum downtime, through
liaising with your insurance inspector
- Provide a hire service, if downtime is longer than
- Offer a wide range of off-the-shelf boiler consumables
and spares, available for immediate delivery
- Provide an in house welding repair team, if required
We can also offer additional services, such as:
- Mechanical tube cleaning
- Chemical descale
We can offer Annual Inspections, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) / Boiler 5 Year Inspection Preparation, as required by PSSR 2000, Guidelines – SAFed SBG1 & SGB2
Installation of an Economiser can Reduce your Fuel Costs by 4-6%!
Flue gas economisers recover and capture some of the wasted heat, which is lost to the atmosphere through the chimney from your boiler. It recovers flue gas and re-uses it to pre-heat the boiler feed water. Hotter feed water requires less fuel input to raise steam, therefore saving fuel costs and reducing carbon emissions.
Economisers are available as an integral part of some boilers or can be provided as a stand alone unit which can be retrofitted to an existing boiler on site.
At Steam Plant Engineering we can help you to identify the most energy efficient solution for your specific requirement from a number of manufacturers.
We also specialise in on site repair and replacement of existing units.